Look at the 5 main headers above to research careers information.
If you want to gain experience in a field of work, you can ask our Gateway teacher (email@example.com) WSC NPoW aslso has STAR funding to help you gain experience to try out a course or job. We may be to help you gain careers experience in a particular field usually through a short course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about STAR funded careers related courses.
Careers teachers have in-class programmes at Year 9, 10 and 12 and individual interviews take place in Year 13 or by appointment.
Online Career Exploration Tools
- Dreamcatcher Student App - Career Exploration Tool
- Career Quest - Find job suggestions based on YOUR interests
- Skill Matcher - Find job ideas that match your skills
- Subject Matcher - Find job ideas that match the subjects you enjoy
- Just the Job - Showcases 200+ jobs in a range of industries to give you some ideas
- No Major Drama and Study Spy- Identify your possible major and at which Uni
- Occupational Outlook - Information on labour supply and demand, and job information
- Personality Test - Based on Myers Briggs Test
- Job Hero - USA Careers Choosing Guide (Note check NZ Careers website for NZ info)
- Interested in Trades? - Find out about how to get a trade
- Which Defence Force Job could I do? - Quiz
- Compare Study Options and Compare Job Options
Oliver Lee Publications: Publishes the high quality 'Leaving School' magazine which is packed full of interesting stories and info. Online magazines explaining interesting careers journeys.
Kiwi Can Do: Kiwi Can Do is a programme that has been developed in response to the skills shortage in New Zealand and in particular the booming construction Industries in Auckland and Christchurch.