Kia Ora Year 13s,
How to make a Careers Interview Booking (level 2 KHLC Kawakawa). We can discuss your plans for 2021 and beyond and will listen confidentially to your individual circumstances as you plan your first year or so after secondary school.
Here is the YouCanBookMeNow link for Kay Wallace.
Here is the YouCanBookMeLink for Margaret Ruland (Maori and Pasifika students)
School Leavers Tool Kit (Te Reo or English) (Ministry of Education) Financial advice, going flatting, getting a job and help for leaving school and home. Ngā tohutohu mō te ārahi i a koe i muri i tō wehenga i te kura.
The Complete Student Job Guide is highly recommended with links to advice and (part-time) job for teens. Includes cover letters and CV writing guide. Source https://www.moneyhub.co.nz/student-jobs.html
Online Career Exploration Tools
- Career Quest - Find job suggestions based on YOUR interests, start without signing in
- Personality Test - Based on Myers Briggs Test
- Skill Matcher - Find job ideas that match your skills
- Subject Matcher - Find job ideas that match the subjects you enjoy
- Just the Job - Showcases 200+ jobs in a range of industries to give you some ideas
- No Major Drama and Study Spy- Identify your possible major and at which Uni
- Occupational Outlook - Information on labour supply and demand, and job information
- Job Hero - USA Careers Choosing Guide (Note check NZ Careers website for NZ info)
- Interested in Trades? - Find out about how to get a trade
- Which Defence Force Job could I do? - Quiz
- Compare Study Options and Compare Job Options
- Tips on Skills you need in a Maori business - Careers NZ
- Interview Test and advice and here too
Year 12 academic results are judged by panels, so criteria fit and quality of presentation is vital. Advice on financial scholarship applications is here.
All free helpful information is found on MoneyHub https://www.moneyhub.co.nz/scholarships-nz.html