Look at the 5 main headers above to research careers information.
Careers teachers have in-class programmes at Year 9, 10 and 12 and individual interviews take place in Year 13 or by appointment. Vocational courses in IT, Tourism and hospitality can be accessed through Gateway or STAR programmes.
Gateway firstname.lastname@example.org or STAR courses email@example.com
Online Career Exploration Tools
- Career Quest - Find job suggestions based on YOUR interests
- Skill Matcher - Find job ideas that match your skills
- Subject Matcher - Find job ideas that match the subjects you enjoy
- Just the Job - Showcases 200+ jobs in a range of industries to give you some ideas
- No Major Drama and Study Spy- Identify your possible major and at which Uni
- Occupational Outlook - Information on labour supply and demand, and job information
- Personality Test - Based on Myers Briggs Test
- Job Hero - USA Careers Choosing Guide (Note check NZ Careers website for NZ info)
- Interested in Trades? - Find out about how to get a trade
- Which Defence Force Job could I do? - Quiz
- Compare Study Options and Compare Job Options
- Tips on Skills you need in a Maori business - Careers NZ
- Interview Test and advice
Financial scholarships - MoneyHub and Study Spy websites
Year 12 academic results are judged by panels, so criteria fit and quality of presentation is vital. Advice on financial scholarship applications is here.
All free helpful information is found on MoneyHub https://www.moneyhub.co.nz/scholarships-nz.html
and also on the Study Spy website
Iwi assistance may help Maori students. Eg Tainui website .. http://www.waikatotainui.com/ search “Opportunities then Education Grants and Scholarships” Iwi websites - link. MoneyHub and StudySpy also has specific information.
Kiwi Can Do: Kiwi Can Do is a programme that has been developed in response to the skills shortage in New Zealand and in particular the booming construction Industries in Auckland and Christchurch.
Look for a job/careers section on business websites where you can find and apply for jobs.
https://www.wowcareers.com.au for Countdown
You can also find job vacancies on a number of sites such as:
- Seek https://www.seek.co.nz/
- www.neighbourly.co.nz (you advertise your skills for hire to local community).
- Recruitment firms such as Kelly Services www.kellyservices.co.nz/